But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. Not so shall it be among you: but whosoever would become great among you shall be your minister; and whosoever would be first among you shall be your servant… Matthew 20:25-28
CFC is a Non-Denominational Fellowship dedicated to the training and releasing of laborers into the harvest. CFC is led by Elders who pastor the Church. CFC seeks to emulate the pattern of local church leadership found in the New Testament. The Elders in leadership at CFC are leaders that have been raised up from among the flock (Acts 20:28), and function as a collegial team. There is no senior Elder at CFC - decisions are made by consensus - and the Elders share authority and responsibility. Practically, this means that either of them can fill the pulpit any given week, along with several of the gifted younger brothers - the congregation seldom hears the same man preach two consecutive weeks unless there is a special series. The vision from our beginning has been to raise up future leaders from among the flock.
Regular and challenging expository Bible teaching is central to our meetings. Our desire is to see everyone "rooted and established in Christ". Elders operate in their area of gifting and according to need. CFC's Elders are: Gary DeVaney and Parke Crisler
Statement of Faith
1. The full inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, their authority and sufficiency, as not only containing, but being in themselves the word of God; the reliability of the New Testament in its testimony to the character and authorship of the Old Testament, and the need of the teaching of the Holy Spirit to a true and spiritual understanding of the whole;
2. The unity of the Godhead and the divine coequality of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; the sovereignty and ability of God in creation, providence, and redemption;
3. The sinfulness of human nature in consequence of the fall and the necessity for regeneration;
The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His real and perfect manhood, the authority of His teaching and the infallibility of all His utterances; His work of reconciliation of sinful men by His vicarious sufferings and death; His bodily resurrection and His ascension into heaven; His present priestly intercession for His people and His present function as the Baptiser with the Holy Spirit; His headship in the Church;
3. Justification of the sinner solely by faith through the reconciling merits of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ;
The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in conviction of sin, regeneration, conversion, and sanctification; also in ministry and worship and in the exercising of spiritual gifts through the body of believers;
4. The resurrection of the body; the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ with the eternal redemption of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked;
5. Baptism by immersion of believers; the Lord’s Supper as a commemoration of our Lord’s death, but not as a sacrifice for sin, or involving any change in the substance of the bread and wine;
6. The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His Church.